Thursday, August 26, 2010

Behind the Scenes of The Finn

Hey there darlin',

Yeah I know... it's been a while. I've been busy trying to grow up.

After all... we're less than a month away until my quarter-life.

I've been dedicating a lot of time to my professional blog, @epilite. Thankfully, more people read my the professional blog than this one. Either way, if you like the who dat-ness enough to read what I've got to say, I figure I better give you something good...

In my last blog, I wrote an Ode to BlackFinn for its two year anniversary. Here is the "behind the blog." In my blog, written rhyme style, I discuss how my relationship with BlackFinn has lasted longer than any any boyfriend... well here's what I didn't write.

Thank you BlackFinn for the fun times
You inspired one of my best rhymes...
Throughout our two years
I have shed tears
over boys that I met at your bar...
(everyone knows those relationships rarely go far.)
I learned a lesson that will prevail in my quarter- life
Don't listen to men in bars- they probably have a wife.

So man number one was my first metrosexual date-
He acted like our meeting at BF was pure fate.
For some reason I fell "in like" with Rico Suave-
and Two weeks later told me that he'd buy me diamonds - center stone with pave'
Bad Decision-
I knew I had a premonition
that boys with barbwire tats are about as cool as the scarves they wear
especially those who take 20 mins to do their hair.
Never have I met someone so vain
Thinking about those few months causes me pain
The best part of all-
You're about to laugh so hard you fall-
One afternoon, I woke up to the drop of a huge bomb
THE GUY WAS CREATING A PROFILE ON MATCH.COM
Exit One...
I thought meeting boys at BlackFinn was done.
Enter number two who was a very handsome man
He was wearing a suit, but lacking a tan.
During a happy hour we met
The next day text messages were sent
by him of course... I don't pursue
especially much older men who try to woo.
Long story short
He had a girlfriend with whom he would not part
Although he swore he would
After kissing me one day in my hood
They are still "happily" together,
Settle or Single- I know what I'd rather...
So moving into my quarter- life years
I do not take back the Finn tears.
I learned quite a bit...
and these lessons in life just make me that more beeping legit.

PS- If you see me in the Finn, our destiny is just to be friends despite numerous purchases of gin, you will not win. lesson learned.




No comments:

Post a Comment