Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Quarter- life at the Beach



Many of my friends have husbands and even babies. I don't have either, but I do have a blog and a quarter-life crisis. I also have roommates; I live with Sandy, aka Jersey, and Janie, aka cousin in a heterosexual household.

We love to travel... I'll go anywhere I can. I work to travel. I live to travel. I am on every cheap travel site on the web, and I stalk them like a crazy chick stalks ex- boyfriends facebook pages. I secretly pine for a job in the travel industry. Please someone pay me to travel and blog. I won't let ya down!

So, this weekend my roommates and I put our limited funds together and went on girls weekend to Wild Dunes in Isle of Palms, SC. (BTW: Thanks to hotwire, I saved $50 bucks on the hotel.. woo woo!) It was a resort... a real resort on the beach with a golf course, pools, shops, houses, a couch in our hotel room, 500 thread count sheets, and really nice robes.




As amazing as the weekend was, the roommates and I had a quarter-life experience. We took a cab to Sullivans Island after a few glasses of Trader Joe's bubbly with the intention of seafood and then going out. On the way, Mr. Phil gave us a historical account of Isle of Palms and Sullivans Island FOR FREE and dropped us off at a restaurant.

After we are seated and get water, Jersey frowns. Uh oh.

"Ummm this isn't really what I had in mind."

"Jesus H. Christ, Jersey, what do you wanna do? Walk out of this really nice place... I mean there is a hot guy at the table next to us. It's going to ruin our chances" I reply.

Cousin, "I have no hard feelings about leaving.... no one will ever see us again... I have the Tom anyway."

So you can about guess what happened. We left a few bucks for the ice cold water and skee- dattled.

We found a really sweet Bayou wannabe seafood restaurant. The SAINTS were on T.V. WHO DAT! I was now in heaven.

After eating a six course seafood delight, I had to tell her...

"Jersey, you were right about leaving the stuffy place... JUST THIS ONCE."

Then, the three of us looked at each other, bellies full from a delicious meal, and skin crispy and pink from the beach rays... "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Jersey says.

Cousin, "We do have robes in the hotel... and champagne."

"I mean there are HOT guys on this island, but what are we gonna do, makeout in the bar? This isn't the shore, and we aren't 18." (BTW "we" = Jersey and me.)

Unanimously, " HOTEL. SOLD."

On the cab ride back to our king size bed and robes, we all looked at each other....

Oh Crap.... We decided to go home at 10, watch a movie, and snuggle in robes.... WE'RE GROWING UP.

Quarter- life.

No comments:

Post a Comment