Monday, July 26, 2010

Quarter-life Crisis Revelations

In less than two months, I will turn 25. I am only looking forward to the presents because I really could use some extra cash. Nothing else. Sometimes I think I might have missed some sweet opportunities between 22-25... because of career building, laziness, or fear. Am I where I should be? I can only hope so, but there's a lot I want to do, and a career I need to build. Being responsible sucks.

So I am going through a sort of quarterlife crisis. Fear not, family,I will emerge as an older, wiser, hot mess. Here are some random quarter-life thoughts...

- I LIKE to stay at home on some Friday nights and watch lifetime. Does this mean I am turning into a cat lady?

- I don't want to change windshield wipers or do handy man jobs. . Am I going to find someone who can deal with me AND do all the handy man stuff? Start the novenas and roasries, ladies.

- When am I going to take a year off to Europe? Did that boat already pass? I thought a European prince was going to whisk me off my feet?

- This economy is doing nothing for my age. Getting older used to mean more experience and money.

- Does family ever stop lecturing? Probably not.

- Am I a girl not yet a woman? Or am I a woman? Brittney Spears, please advise!

- My friends have babies... that were PLANNED.

- It was SO much easier to lose weight at 21. All I had to do was cough.

- It was SO much easier to go out a few nights in a row at 21.

- Studying for grad school + working + having a life = sucks... Ahh It's time to focus on the "career path."

- Life's too short to make bad decisions- or is it? Do I need to have concrete plans right now for my next ten? OR is it better not to? Hmmm....

24... almost 25... kinda stuck in the middle (without you)

That's all.

2 comments:

  1. Nat! Im so glad youre blogging. Youre quite possibly still the funniest girl I know. So glad I get to keep up with you in blog world.

    And I know what you mean about the quarter life crisis. I hit mine in May and it's a toughie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE to stay at home on some Friday nights and watch lifetime. Does this mean I am turning into a cat lady? Nope

    - I don't want to change windshield wipers or do handy man jobs. . Am I going to find someone who can deal with me AND do all the handy man stuff? Start the novenas and roasries, ladies. Yes, dont rush it.

    - When am I going to take a year off to Europe? Did that boat already pass? I thought a European prince was going to whisk me off my feet? Its not too late, and it looks great on a resume

    - This economy is doing nothing for my age. Getting older used to mean more experience and money. Nothing we can do here....

    - Does family ever stop lecturing? Probably not. Nope. Never.

    - Am I a girl not yet a woman? Or am I a woman? Brittney Spears, please advise!

    - My friends have babies... that were PLANNED. Listen, you're still young. Ask them if they had waited a few more years to get married if they would have done it...

    - It was SO much easier to lose weight at 21. All I had to do was cough. This is true

    - It was SO much easier to go out a few nights in a row at 21. This is also true

    - Studying for grad school + working + having a life = sucks... Ahh It's time to focus on the "career path." Relax

    - Life's too short to make bad decisions- or is it? Do I need to have concrete plans right now for my next ten? OR is it better not to? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete