Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Whine and wine

Sitting with my friend, "Bitsy," who is giving advice, as she has suffered through a quarter-life crisis only to emerge skinner with a higher alcohol tolerance. Bitsy and I sit, single, watching the First Wives Club, talking about cat breeds while enjoying cucumber salad. Ok, so not all of that is true, but I'll leave it up to you to decide.

I told Bitsy that I could not go out because I need to exercise and chill. I am chilling and drinking. That has to be some kind of arm workout, right? Typing? Maybe my fingers will get skinny. Bitsy, ever insightful, just pointed out that raising the glass was a workout.

Our topic tonight is whining about the quarter-life over wine. White is our variety tonight with both wine and men. In fact today I saw two potential bachelors falter. One was just meant to be a friend- "good fella." The other is almost 30 and still breaking pinky promises. When are guys going to grow up? Are they old and saggy by that point? Don't get me wrong, I like to be an older man's princess, but I am not down to pull an Anna Nicole. Look how she ended up (R.I.P. ANS). More to the point, when do WE have to grow up?

Bitsy, thanks for the guest blogging. You are so domesticated, and I can only hope to one day steal your recipes and organize my life and closet.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment